Have an interesting question on a rule that I have not started building just yet that I was hoping to get guidance from yall on.
So right now we have Features in Jira, as child tickets teams also create Epics that are linked to that Feature via a parent field.
The epics are required to have target start / target end dates to roughly gauge when work may finish (or assess delays).
A Feature may have 5-10 child Epics linked up to it all with varying Target start / target end dates. Essentially we would like to 'scan' these dates whenever there is an update and then add the latest date to the Feature level.
For example:
- Feature A - No Target End
- Epic 1 - Target End 6/30/25
- Epic 2 - Target End 8/30/25
- Epic 3 - Target End 9/30/25
- Epic 4 - No Target End added
The automation should scan those dates and put 9/30/25 into the Target End field on the Feature level.
I assume I need to create a variable that stores all the target ends of the child tickets ,which I can do (because yall have helped with this in the past), what I dont know how to do is to only take the one target end (the one furthest out) to place at the feature level. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!