As a new JSM admin I find it absolutely maddening that the scripting environment is so fragmented and there's no real indication of what should be used when, or the fact that some things just don't work together, but there's no documentation that I can find to support that, just silent failures during automation runs.
Why does JQL behave differently than AQL? Why are there even two different languages in the first place instead of just standardizing on JavaScript to be actually useful?
Why is there a difference between .jiraDateTime() and jqlDateTime(), and why do neither of those options format automatically to set a date/time field in an Asset object? Why do I specifically have to set {{now.format("yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ")}} for it to update the date/time field on an Asset?
As far as I can tell, none of this is really documented well, or at all in some cases, and the documentation is devoid of actually useable instructions in many cases, and it seems like most posts on the Community are just app developers trying to sell their apps in the Marketplace.