My goal is to create a quick dashboard of a subset of Jira Cloud issues work items on a Confluence Cloud site. I am very familiar with inserting an issue query into a page to produce a nice table, et cetera, and it certainly gets the job done.
I've been playing with the new Database feature, and have noticed it has the ability to link to Jira and grab a set of work items based on a JQL query as well. Given the choice, I prefer the way the Database presents the data and allows for column reorganization, etc., to the built-in query macro.
- For what I am trying to do (just displaying work items that satisfy a query), is there a functional difference between the two approaches?
- I can't find a way to update/edit the JQL query used to populate a database. Can that be done?
- Is the list of items in the database completely static (as far as what items are in it) once initially created? I understand that if an object that's already in the database is updated on the Jira side, the database will refresh to reflect that.