I have a rule following these instructions, but {{lookupissues.<date>.min}} and {{lookupissues.<date>.max}} are both returning an empty value. When I remove .min and .max, I get the 3 date values for the 3 children in the parent.
Is there currently an issue with .min and .max?
Hi @Michelle S
Just to confirm, are the fields you are using from advanced planning: Target Start and Target End?
If so, I believe those fields are text (and not date) values when accessed in an automation rule, and so the min / max functions will not work. The fix is to convert them with the toDate function before the min / max functions:
{{lookupIssues.customfield_10022.toDate.min}}and{{lookupIssues.customfield_10023.toDate.max}}
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Rohan
Please review the community guidelines for disclosing sources when posting bot / AI-generated content:
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/custom/page/page-id/rules-of-engagement
Hi @Bill Sheboy yes they are Target Start and End. And that fixed it. Thank you soooooooooooo much!!!!!!!
@Bill Sheboy While on the same topic, is there a way to find which parents have Target Start dates that start after child Target Start and parents with Target end dates that end before child Target End dates? I'd like to run the JIRA automation to replace them only on affected ones but everywhere I look there isn't a jql that can do that
Actually, just found the answer I was looking for in a message you wrote here https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-questions/how-to-set-list-of-values-to-smart-variable/qaq-p/2565674
but create a list from the branch to use in another branch...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.