My goal is to track what times most service requests come in, with hourly counts over the last month, but ideally with averages as well.
I have tried two ways to query this information, the first being a Custom Report using JQL to create various series. However, startOfDay doesn't take more than one argument, so I can only do this by previous day or by hour in the current day. See below:
project = ITSD AND created >= startOfDay(-1)
project = ITSD AND created >= startOfDay("+18h") AND created < startOfDay("+19h")
Since JQL doesn't support averages, I decided to try a chart gadget in a dashboard. This won't average over the last month either, but I am at least hoping to easily view how many tickets are created per hour over the last month. The gadget can be configured by hour but will not go back as far as a month. Also the chart is almost unreadable, and we would have to maximize the gadget to view the table every time.
I am looking for either help with the JQL query (I am not an expert with JQL by any means), or an alternative solution that would allow the service desk to track ticket creation by hour.
Thank you in advance!