Hi everyone,
I'm working on a Jira Service Management automation and running into trouble with linking issues correctly.
🎯 Goal:
When a form is submitted (not just when an issue is created), I want to:
- Check if a checkbox field (application_access) has any values selected.
- If so, create a new issue (e.g., a task for IT Operations).
- Link that new issue back to the original issue where the form was submitted.
đź§Ş Current Setup:
- Trigger:Â Forms submitted
- Form field: application_access (checkbox with options: Application A, Application B)
- Smart values used:
- {{forms.last.application_access}} – works fine in logs
- {{triggerIssue.key}} – resolves correctly in logs
- {{issue.key}} – also resolves correctly
- Create Issue: Works fine, issue is created
- Link Issues: Audit log says it linked, but no link appears in the UI
🧠What I’ve Tried:
- Logging {{triggerIssue.key}} and {{issue.key}} – both resolve to the original issue
- Using "Trigger work item" in the Link work item action
- Using “Most recently created work item” in the link work item action
- Using {{triggerIssue.key}} as the target
- Manually linking the issues works fine, so the link type is visible
âť“ Question:
How can I reliably link the newly created issue to the issue where the form was submitted? Is there a known issue with linking from a created issue to the trigger issue in this context?
Any help or examples would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance 🙏
Stefan
Â