Hi all,
I've been asked to create a load based automation slightly different from the load based one that Atlassian currently offers.
Basically, the user wants the tickets to have a "weight" based on a field that they enter, called "complexity".
Weights are 1,3,5,etc.
They would also like the automation to not assign tickets to users if their ticket load is over 30.
I've been messing with jira smart values and jql summaries for a bit and was wondering what the best way to do this would be.
I'm currently stuck with a lookup table to reference all of the jql for the first user

the value is {{assignee = (firstuserid) AND "Complexity[Dropdown]" = Complex}}
This is the jql query that will tally how many work item issues are assigned to each user based on complexity, so that I can do the math for the weight load with it and not assign it to the user if the weight is above 30.
I've tested it to comment on the work item, but it says that the value is empty.
I've also tried it with the raw JQL but it just returns the string of the actual JQL instead (assignee = (firstuserid) AND "Complexity[Dropdown]" = Complex)
I think the jql I'm putting in might be wrong or might not be able to be parsed by the lookup table, but any help is appreciated thank you!