We are software company with many clients. We have implementation projects with our clients and a service desk for after they are live.
In theory, we should use JSM and the service portal to track customer implementation and post-go-live bugs, enhancement and service requests.
But also, our development group uses Jira software project to track their work on the client's bugs and enhancements, run our SDLC, deployments, Bitbucket, etc.
Currently, I have a JSM project that will create a linked software ticket. I have many automations that keep the JSM ticket updated with data and status from the software ticket. But now, we have a process where users will update the JSM ticket, which then needs to update/sync back to the software ticket.
I'm struggling to find the best way to simplify this and keep everyone up to date on the status of the their bug or enhancement. Because, all this syncing between software and JSM tickets is a slippery slope. It's almost impossible to define what data wins from what project and when to sync.... it's a just a tremendous processing load and things are not always being updated timely/correctly.
I wanted to ask the Community how people are using Jira in software companies that have a customer service desk as well.
As JSM is customer facing, I feel like we must have this in use. But I'm wondering if the best solution here is to SOLELY use JSM, perhaps with dev subtasks, and bring all of my development processes onto the JSM ticket. Everyone is one place. No syncing. Client is up to date, support user are up to date, developers are up to date, management is up to date.
Or, is there is an easier way to use JSM and Jira together without all of this data syncing back and forth. Perhaps I'm missing something. Honestly, if I could create software project subtasks on the JSM ticket, that might solve my problem. But that's not possible as I understand it.
Any insight as to how you have found is most efficient in this situation would be greatly appreciated. I'm just constantly spinning trying to get this more efficient for everyone.
Thanks!!