Hello!
I am creating an Epic with a series of stories that block one another. I'd like to use automation to schedule these issues.
I have ten tasks, blocked by one another. The first task blocks the second, the second blocks the third, etc.
What is the best way to build automation logic that will update the start and due date for all these issues if I update the start date of the first task, assuming I have a duration (in days) assigned to each issue?
Essentially, I want to:
Update the blocker item's due date manually and automatically update the start date of the blocked items, based on the due date. Then, I want to calculate the due date of the blocked item based on (start date + duration).
The blocked issue in question (the issue that is automatically updated) also blocks issues of its own. I'd like the automation to run down the series of blocked issues.
I have the automation rule for this handy, but I realized that the next blocked item in the series does not update automatically. How can I do this?
Attached is a screenshot of the automation rule for reference.
