I have a workflow that's no longer useful but I'm unable to delete it. It's not associated with any project, nor is it associated with a workflow scheme. Other similar workflows that are also inactive can be deleted, but not this one. Any ideas?
@Eddie Hobart do you see a delete button by the workflow you want to delete?
This article may help: https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/delete-option-is-not-available-for-inactive-workflows/
Hi Eddie,
Please provide a screenshot of what you see.
Hello @Eddie Hobart
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
What happens when you try to delete it?
Hi Eddie.
Is it possible that it's one of the default workflows that come from the instance?
Default configuration doesn't really like being deleted
It's also possible that the workflow is associated with a draft workflow schema that hasn't been published
There's no delete button provided. The others in the same scenario do have it.I'm not sure how to view a draft workflow scheme, but I don't think I have any going right now.
I've been doing a lot of work recently, but I really doubt it's the default scheme. Any way I can check? The name has been customized.
The Story Workflow is the issue. The rest that you see there all have the delete option in the menu.
Weird - I certainly can't duplicate the problem.
But here is my suspicion - the workflow is indeed associated with a Scheme, but the scheme hasn't been published.
So go to the list of Schemes - both Active and Inactive and see if the workflow is listed for any of them. Also, look for the icon of the i with a circle around it - that might be the scheme in question.
Very strange.
There are several workflow schemes that have the circled "i" icon, but they have nothing to do with the workflow in question nor is the icon interactable.
If I search for the workflow across all active and inactive schemes it doesn't appear.
are you getting any error message when trying to delete this workflow or the delete button is inactive for you, please share the screenshot?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.