I have a request type in Jira Service Management that contains five subtasks within it. A few of the subtasks can be done simultaneously while there are other tasks that depend on the task(s) immediately preceding it to be complete before becoming available for assignment.
Example:
Task A and Task B can be done simultaneously but both must be done before Task C is available.
Task C must be completed before Task D and Task E are available.
I've seen other articles on here about a similar scenario but they're not giving me quite what I need. I was hopeful someone had recommendations. Can this be done with automation or do I need to also do something with the workflow?
I know how to create the subtasks but I don't know how to make them dependent on one another.
This is NOT tied to any scrumboard, epic, story, etc. It's strictly within the service management side that customers will use to submit issues.