Hi all,
I'm running into an issue pulling data from Assets and using smart value comparisons.
Using the "Lookup Objects" action, I'm getting a record out of Assets. Then, I want to look at the value of a select field and see if it equals a string (in this case, "Fixed").
What I'm noticing is that if I do a direct comparison using the {{lookupObject.first...}} smart values, it always evaluates as false.
So, this line will always return false no matter the actual value:
{{equals(lookupObjects.first.First Level Approval, "Fixed")}}
However, if I save that value to variable first, it works just fine.
So, I create a variable called firstLevel and assign it the value of
{{lookupObjects.first.First Level Approval}} and then use the following smart value, it compares correctly and will return appropriately
{{equals(firstLevel, "Fixed")}}
Here is screenshot of an automation I used to test this and the resulting output


Any suggestions would be appreciated!