I am working on a unique automation and one of the challenges I am currently trying to solve is the ability to include a confluence page link based upon the values in two custom fields.
Let me start with a basic scenario to provide context and then I will give an example use case that is more specific.
Context
Custom field 1: 10 values (1,2,3...10)
Custom field 2: 5 values (A,B,C,D,E)
Confluence: There will be a unique page for each variant CF1-CF2:
- 1-A
- 1-B
- 1-C
- ...
- 10-C
- 10-D
- 10-E
So in this case there are 50 unique confluence pages.
Real world example
The assignee of Jira issues are responsible for sending invitations to various events. The events are held in 10 NFL cities and there are five unique events/venues in each of these cities. I will create unique email templates in confluence for each of these 50 events. Each Jira issue has two custom fields one for the city and one for the event/venue.
I am using automation to notify the assignee that the invitations are ready to be sent and include a link to the appropriate confluence page based upon the two custom fields.
Obviously I do not want to do an if-then-else for all 50 variations. Looking for unique solutions. I may be too far in the weeds on automation and there may be a better solution. Oh, and yes I am only considering native solutions no third-party apps need apply. ;-)