Hi,
I saw that Atlassian Support often mention othher JIRA issues in their issues. How do you do that? In the documentation I only found how to mention a user.
Thank you, best regards
Hi Davide,
Please put <ticket no.|URL of the ticket> in square braces in the comments.
Let me know if this solves your purpose.
Hello Davide,
You should be able to do it by pasting the issue URL on the ticket or by mentioning the ticket key, for example:
Let's say the issue key is JSP-0001 and the URL is http://mycompany.atlassian.net/browse/JSP-0001
In this case you should be able to mention the ticket by pasting the whole URL of the ticket or by mentioning only the ticket key, so JIRA will understand the mention and create the link to the other issue.
Let me know if that doesn't work for you, Davide.
I hope it helps
Eduardo
A simple copy and paste of the JIRA issue URL should be enough.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41017
This text writer will translate the information accordingly.
Hope it helps!
Andre
Hi Eduardo, Andre,
does this work only with atlassian issue? If I paste the url of my JIRA instance's issues, I do not see the same behaviour. For example: https://sideup.atlassian.net/browse/SAAS-809
Hi niroshabandaru, thanks for your feedback. I cannot do that in Jira, but it work in Confluence and here .This is the result: SAAS-809: different from the one I used to see when Atlassian mention issues, though.
There is configuration in JIRA on how tickets should look like (General Configuration > Advance Settings > jira.projectkey.pattern". Check if you are using this pattern in your JIRA Comments.
Hi Gabriele,
I cannot see any Advance Settings in the General Configurations. In the Atlassian documentation I found that The Advanced Settings button is only visible if you have the JIRA System Administrators global permission. (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Configuring+JIRA+Options), but in my instance there is no trace of JIRA System Administrators permission (neither the administrator who created the instance has it). Could you please tell me how can I modify the Advance Settings ?
Thanks, regards
Andre, could you tell us how you are able to do this ? In JIRA v6.2.4, when I paste a complete URL to an issue, the only thing I see as a result is a link containing the text of the adress... (while writing CC-233 result in a link CC-233, with the only text CC-233).
I don't think this is the most modern and efficient way to mention a JIRA issue in a comment.
Hi Andre and the others, the feature that JIRA automatically adds the summary and the status when you copy and paste of the JIRA issue URL is cool. In a normal JIRA this does´t work. Does anyone know a plugin which adds this feature? Thanks in Advance. Regards from Germany, Julian
Hi @Andre Borzzatto
How do you enable inline summary?
I second Julian's question. I'd also like to know how the summary and status is displayed. In my instance, adding the issue key to a comment only results in a clickable link to the issue
Maybe something went wrong over the week-end with the Atlassian cloud instance of JIRA & Confluence, but it seems like I lost my inline link's summary for a peculiar reason.
If I look at a JIRA Description, I get this :
jira_issue_summary_01.png
and under Confluence I get this :
jira_issue_summary_02.png
Before we installed confluence, the link summary in JIRA was perfect and verbose, suddenly or after a potential bad move of one of our admin, our JIRA's links are broken.
I can't find anywhere to configure them. I don't have jira.projectkey.pattern in my advance settings and no way to add any.
Any help on this will be really welcome
Just writing the issue code is enough, JIRA recognizes it and makes a link of it. It will not create a full pledged issue link though.
I've tried adding "[key-num]" as well as "[full url]" link styles to my JIRA issue comments, and am not having any luck getting nice looking issue summaries inline. It's just creating plain old links for me. I've read this thread and there doesn't appear to be a complete answer to the question of how this is set up in a cloud-based JIRA account. It certainly isn't working for me in our default config... Thanks,
Dave
I posted a question here to find out how to fix this: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/How-to-configure-JIRA-to-display-summary-for-mentioned-issues/qaq-p/595818
Martin,
I tried the same way but it is displying link as a text.
I want to link other issue in a comment.
Please suggest if you know any other way
## Just put story or bug or task name similar to what you see in the link.
for eg. if your link is
https://goeuro.atlassian.net/browse/COROBO-502
then in the comments or description just use.
COROBO-502
Thanks
Could you check what the renderer of the comment field is.
* Admin -> Field Configurations -> The field configuration of your project -> Find Comments
It should be wiki renderer
The wiki renderer will identify issuekey's and convert it to a link
I figured out that if I open an issue in its own tab it works when I type the issuecode inside square brackets into a comment. This doesn't work if I have an issue open in backlog view and try to comment in there. This is with the wiki renderer turned on for comments.
What I saw in another installation before, was that you could achieve this without the square brackets and in all comments no matter what the view. How might that be done do you know ?
That is clear Eduardo but I was able to just type @JSP-0001 and that would create link to it for me automatically without me having to copy past it.
This is the problem we have. Opening the issue in its own tab solved the problem. However, I did not need the square brackets.
Thanks!
In my case, wherever I had copied the ticket identifiers from (within JIRA itself?) had inserted a "Zero-width non-joiner" character in between the project key and the dash. This character is completely invisible and the only hint I had that it was there was that pasting it into the URL bar caused JIRA to tell me the ticket didn't exist, while typing the ticket number myself allowed it to work. If you have a bookmarklet like me, use some javascript like this to clean it up.
This!
Once I started typing the issue numbers the auto linking worked again. Thanks Jeff.
Yes this is so annoying!!
Entering issue number in square brackets like [ABC-100] work, but Jira converts it to an issue link after you post the comment. Until then you will see it as just plain text.
Just wasted 2 hours on this without saving the comment. Jira converts user mentions without saving the comment and I assumed issue linking would also work the same way.
You need to write it as
Some text ABC-111
Where ABC-111 is the id of the issue.
Worked for me, on old and new views.
I was struggling with this for a while. I think at some point #ISSUE was working, then [ISSUE], now I found couple ways it works both with actual links.
I have put all my attempts into the video, in case someone finds this way easier to learn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USj7HKy1u6w
Yes pasting the entire URL works. However, what is the syntax for shorthand using just the issue id? As Dino mentions I tried @PROJ-0001 but that did not work. Nor did PROJ-0001, #PROJ-0001
Excellent. Thanks.
You can always just use link button.
https://youtu.be/1416Mw38I84
Terrible! So much messaging back and fort and pollution for such simple functionality. I used to be able to ping a user or ticket by simply typing @User or @ticketNumber.
For me it works if I hit Enter after entering the ID, but it does not work if the ID is the on the last line it seems. Should be easy to fix!
EDIT: Several weeks later I understood there has to be white space (space or line break) after the ID to get the automatic conversion
Hello everybody,
another one new option to mention issues within text fields (with Wiki Style Renderer) is to use a free visual card app for Jira Server from Atlassian Marketplace. We developed this app for us to make issue mention more informative.
Mentioning Jira issues does work already, it just is a bit buggy!
All you have to do is put the Ticket ID like TML-384 in the description or comment field, followed by a white space. The white space or line break is necessary, otherwise it does not work.
Also, please note that the ticket ID has to be written with a normal dash (minus sign), sometimes Jira also uses some special dash, so if conversion does nto work please also try typing the same ID manually.
With those easy rulse it works for me all the time.
The above works for me now on JIRA cloud. Since this ticket was opened it has been fixed. It didn't work until earlier this year, in both the backlog and issue views it seems fine now.
@Matthis Thorade thank you so much! Putting the space after the code in the comments works for me.
That worked untill 2 days ago. Not anymore. Now all my autolinks no longer look like mentions but as hyperlink. So annoying..
Same here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can you try if it works if there is white space after the ID? Either space or line break
got the same problem. I used the URL in the description and it showed me the status of the ticket. But since yesterday, those links don't work anymore and given as simple link to the ticket without status information. Does anybody had similar problem recently?
It really sucks to have such a primitive problems annoying users alot for a long time, try to fix it already, JIRA team.
Fabulous! Laboriously waded through this thread when I noticed that some ticket ids weren't turning to links. @Atlassian please fix this - Nobody tested putting a ticket id at the end of a sentence?
as of 22nd November 2019 , it looks like [MT-123] works.
eg. "["+your ticket code+"]"
Mention the issue id within the square brackets.
For example: [Ticket-100]
Sorry to bump up an old topic, but this is still the case!I want to use automation to add the portal link of a service desk issue to a related jira software issue.
But when using issue.url, this "zero-width non-joiner" character between the project key and dash makes the url not usable.
What worked for me is to click on the issue in Jira and then choose Share > Copy Link.
Pasting that link into Confluence got it to recognize properly.
Simply adding the issue ID (ABC-123 or [ABC-123]) did not work for me, even with white space after it.
Just type in the name of the ticket (Example: CC-203) and once you submit the comment, the text will automatically link to the ticket.
Hi
putting ticket number in square bracket works for me.
for eg:
[VK-3456]
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.