How to configure JIRA to display summary for mentioned issues?

Alexandru Vilau June 9, 2017

When mentionning an issue in comments I see this image.png

I would like to see the issue summary between the key and the status but I cannot find where this configuration is.

Any ideas?

4 answers

2 votes
Marek Wieckowski February 15, 2019

Bump. We have just migrated from cloud (1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT I believe) to server (7.13.1). Mentions of other issues, which used to be quite informative before:

2019-02-15_11h28_59.png

have now only the issue number as a link (stroke through if the issue is done).

But the comments above are 2 years old: is there meanwhile a way to enable this extra info in server version of jira?

2 votes
Ert Dredge June 8, 2018

I have this question, too.  I remember our server instance used to do this about three years ago, but our cloud instance only does the ID and status as @Alexandru Vilau describes.  I'm not sure if this was an overall JIRA change or a configuration difference.

2 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Hi Alexandru and Anupam,

I don't know the answer, but I checked this out when Alexandru posted the question.  

I noticed in JIRA Server (v 7.1.1) only the issue ID displays, but in my Cloud instance, the issue ID, the status and the issue type icon displays (as pictured), when mentioning an issue in a comment.

I'm assuming that when I upgrade my JIRA Server instance to the latest version I'll see this enhanced display feature there too.

I'm not aware of any configuration or customization settings related to it however.  I'd suggest adding "also display summary" as a feature request at: https://jira.atlassian.com

Have a great day!

Rachel Wright

0 votes
Alexandru Vilau June 21, 2017

Anybody?

Application_Group July 16, 2017

Hi Alexandru,

Sorry I don't have an answer for you but just wondering how you even got the mentioning of issues in JIRA comments to work. I have tried to get it setup on our JIRA Server instance but the mention of the issue key just appears as a hyperlink with no other information. Please see screenshot.

Screenshot_1.png

Is there something else that needs to be enabled for this to work?

Thanks

Alexandru Vilau July 17, 2017

I think it should be enabled by defaut. I am managing an already existing JIRA cloud account so I'm not aware of any setup.

Like Joost Okkinga likes this

Suggest an answer