Hi Community! I am working on some automations and emailAddress for custom people field goes missing for some of them but works for some others. I need help to make it work in all automations. Thank you in advance!
Hi @Qin Han
The emailAddress attribute for a "People" type field in team-managed projects is not available to automation rules. Here is the suggestion / defect to fix that: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-519
The workarounds depend upon the specific scenario:
Kind regards,Bill
@Qin Han Is it a Team managed or Company managed project where the automation is executed?
What is the field type of customfield_11542, is it a single or multi user picker field?
Hi @Bill Sheboy
Thank you so much for the workarounds!
I decided to use a global/company-managed field for this team project. And just curious, how do you call the REST API in automation?
Regards,
Han
@Akash Singh It is a Team managed project and the customfield is a single user picker field.
Why does the manual trigger work tho?
Here is a how-to article for calling a REST API endpoint from a rule using the Send Web Request action:
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-articles/Automation-for-Jira-Send-web-request-using-Jira-REST-API/ba-p/1443828
The specific endpoint to get the user data for their accountId is this one:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-users/#api-rest-api-3-user-get
Thank you so much! I'll read them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.