Hi all,
I’m looking for a tool or method within Jira that can help monitor progress throughout a quarter.
For example, let’s say a team has 10 Epic's planned for Q2, each with about 10 story points. As we progress through the sprints, story points are gradually completed.
Is there a way in Jira to see, at any given moment, how we're tracking compared to where we should be in order to complete all committed work by the end of the quarter?
Ideally, I’d like to say:
“In Q2, we have 10 developers, which gives us a total capacity of around 100 story points per sprint. By Sprint 2, I can already see whether we're ahead, behind, or on track.”
Right now, I’m managing this manually outside Jira, which creates a lot of extra work—especially with large dev teams.
I’d really appreciate any advice, tools, or ideas that could help automate this process or at least make it more efficient within Jira.
Thanks so much, and have a great week!