Hi, I would like to have a default value for the summary field in particular Jira software project. I have a Jira form connected to the project and would like the summary field populated with default value in the form
Hi @Chalani De Silva
First to get some term straight.
Jira uses screens and forms are used on JSM projects.
In Jira Software there is no option to set a default summary on the create screen.
Can you show screenshots of the screen and "form" you are referring to?
You can create an automation rule on the software project and set a default summary on creation of the issue.
You can achieve this by adding a short text field in your form and configure it like below.
This will give you a placeholder in your form and users can edit it if required.
Kindly keep "Response required" checkbox as ticked, otherwise system won't allow you to save the form.
BR,
Gaurav
@Chalani De Silva , do you want to have prefilled Summary in service project (on the customer portal or on the Create issue screen) or in software project? Because you created question in the JSM collection and labelled it with jira-service-management but in the question you wrote about Jira software. So I'm a little confused.
Hi Kate, I want to have the Prefilled Summary in Create issue screen. The project is company managed software project. The project also has a form attached with Summary field. I don't have an option to remove the mandatory for the summary field as it looks generic for all projects
Hi Gaurav,
Thank you for the response. I don't have an option to add additional fields from the jira form. Its only shows the fields that are in the Project screen. Also my requirement to have summary field auto populated when user click on the link for the Jira form. at the moment summary field is mandatory and unable to change to optional.
Hi @Marc -Devoteam- Thank you. Below is an example. l. I tried by removing the summary field from the screen and it gives an error for the users when submitting the form (shows the error as summary required)
The summary field is not required for the specific project, and I prefer either remove from the project or hide from the form and fill with default value when user click submit in the form (Is there any automation rule we can when user click submit in the Jira form-> fill the summary with static value.
This is not possible.
See also https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-413
This is the correct answer
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.