I need help. I have searched and searched and found bits and pieces but am not able to figure out how to completely find a solution for my problem.
Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.
Problem statement-
I am using Data Center v10.3.4
I have a custom field which is a number field type (customfield_10093) in all off my issue types (Epic, Feature, Story)
When that field is updated in a Story, I want to go to the parent Feature, then use lookupIssues get to the sum of that value in that field for ALL the child Stories in the Feature. Then update the custom field in the Feature with the total of the values in all of the child stories
- Note that I can do this for a single story/feature combo so the smart values, logic, and edit work, but when I try to use the lookupIssues for multiple stories, it gives me a value of zero
- My suspicions
- It for some reason is not returning a number, but a text?
- I have the sum config wrong somehow (although I researched this very thoroughly and don’t think so)
- I just don’t know.