I am new to Jira and Structure and have been playing around with things to see if I can make it do what I need it to for my team. I have spent a few days now reading and googling and you tubing and can't find what I'm looking for so I'm not sure if its a possibility but wanted to throw it out here to see.
I am wondering if there is a way within Structure to assign issues based on a custom field? The custom field is Order ID and can be grouped together if the Order ID is the same. What I need to do is assign the same assignee to the issues with the same order ID by automation or a formula within structure. Here is the issue, I don't know what the Order IDs will be until I receive them. Is there a way to this?
summarize:
- new issue created (Support Request)
- issue is assigned to random person automatically within the project
- if issues have the same Order ID, formula or automation needs to assign the same assignee to those issues
- there is no way of knowing what the order ID will be until after the issue is created