We have an asset schema that holds user data and syncs daily from Azure AD. When a new hire joins the company, their account is created in AAD, and a corresponding object is created in this user schema with some basic info populated.
We have an automation that's triggered when new objects are created in this schema (when object created in the schema, if objectType = users) with the goal of populating some more fields that aren't provided in AAD.
I'm running into an issue trying to set the "Jira User" attribute in this automation. It's a user-type attribute which I think is complicating things, and I'm not able to simply add an edit-object step and set a value for the attribute. (I've tried things like {{object.Name}}, {{lookupUsers(Name).accountId}}, etc. but the audit log shows errors like "Attribute value is not valid on Objects" or just "Unable to update objects".)
Basically I want to search the values in Jira User for one that matches what's in the user's Name attribute, and set that. From what I've been able to find, assets automation might be able to accomplish this but that doesn't appear to be an option in our instance yet. Is there any way to do this with a regular automation in Jira Cloud?