Hi all, I need to update some workflows and automation rules to ensure that the rules only trigger if task(s) haven't already been created. Essentially, I need first-instance logic!
For example, tasks are created when transitioned from x to y status. Let's say someone has gone through that transition once already and the automated tasks have been created. They transition back to x status, and will eventually go back into y once more. When that happens, I don't want the tasks to re-create again. What's the best way to ensure this?
I have 2 full workflows I'll need to do this for each transition. I was thinking using a custom field and post function to set the value once the transition is met to use in the rules, but then I would have to create multiple fields, or maybe just 1 multi select field, with an answer choice associated to each transition?
I feel like there should be a simple way to do this? Any ideas?
Thanks so much!