Hello, I'm part of a ServiceDesk project team where we manage issues our customers have with our products.
A colleague of mine and I feel like there used to be the option to include external contacts into a ticket by adding them to the "Request participants" field.
But this does not seem to work anymore for anyone who isn't already a "customer", aka known to the Project's user database.
We have Organizations for each customer with which we have a support contract, but sometimes our customers have other contractors involved as well, like for network or server management.
In this case we cannot involve these people into the ticket because we simply cannot add them to the "Request participants" field.
I already suggested to my colleague to just add an Organization for one of our customer's contractors, but he was against that because we don't have any arrangement with them directly.
Another alternative we already excluded was adding the contractors to our customer's organization, but that was also rejected for the reason above on top of some others.
So I wanted to ask if there's somewhere a setting we might be missing, as it feels weird that we as the Support Team cannot involve other contacts provided to us by the respective customer themself.
My colleague is also one of the global admins for our Jira account, so if only I would be disallowed to add people while he could, that'd make at least some sense, but even he can't.
Thanks in advance.