I have created a table in confluence of ~300 rows which tracks the various data fields we need from clients. There is also a notes column, where we can track any customizations that are requested by the client.
I would like to notify our data teams of any customizations by creating a jira ticket that flows to an existing jira project whenever a note is added or updated. I don't need notes for every single row--only if a customization is needed. Ideally, these tickets would be auto-formatted based on information gleaned from other columns in the table.
Couple of questions:
- Does this type of functionality exist? If yes, how would i go about setting it up?
- Is it possible to do this in a confluence database page, or does it need to be a regular page with an embedded table?
- How can I make sure that the ticket ID is reflected in the table as well for tracking/follow up?