I am trying to create an automation that will update the status based upon status transitions of a linked issue in another project. The trick here is that I want to compare the statuscategory of the trigger issue to the status category of linked issues. The reason for this is that trigger issue workflow has many different statues for each statuscategory whereas the linked issue status is simply To Do > In progress > Done.
So basically...
trigger - Issue transitioned
conditions - unimportant here but several exist
branch - linked issues
condition - compare trigger issue statuscategory to linked issue statuscategory
If trigger statuscategory = In Progress but linked issue does not then transition linked issue to "In Progress"
Else if trigger statuscategory = Done but linked issue does not then transition linked issue to Done
Note: I considered simply using "Status" but rule maintainability becomes an issue if statuses change.