Hello,
I work in a big company where I don't have global Jira admin rights, but i have admin rights to my projects. The global jira admin rights are managed by another department (who are not jira experts) and we are trying to solve this problem together.
I want to use Forms to allow business colleagues to submit feature requests. I do not want them to have access to view the project boards however. I understood from the documentation that this is possible if we have the form access "open", it is marked on the form that anyone logged into the site can use the form.
We therefore gave Jira access to the users but they could not see the form. Only by giving them access to the project could they see the form, but this means they see our project boards too which we don't want.
Does anyone have any experience with this, and know what type of Jira access we should be giving to users for them to be able to submit a form but NOT see the boards? I do hope this is possible.
If this is not possible my plan B is to create a new project which users have access to, and then on the original project I could edit the board filter to show tickets from the existing project and the new project. Does this seem like a good solution?
Thanks in advance.