Hello, looking for some assistance on creating an automation
Scenario:
I have an automation that currently clones a ticket when it is created on a board.
- The original issue is created on a standard Kanban - Company Managed Project.
- The cloned issue is created on a Jira Product Discovery Project as an "Idea".
I would like the status of the cloned issue to be updated when the status is updated in the standard Kanban board. Both projects use the exact same statuses and the workflow of the JPD project allows for any status to be transitioned to any status.
- The permissions of the rule are set to multiple projects (Kanban project / JPD project)
- The Actor is set to myself who has Creator level access on the JPD project side of things
Try 1:
I have tried to setup the automation flow as flows:
When: Issue is transitioned
Branch: For: Linked Issues
Type: "is idea for"
Then: Transition the issue to: "Copy From Trigger Issue"
I get the following error in the Audit Log:
Unable to transition your issue to the selected status:
SDRP-51 (Dev Backlog - 10270)
Try 2:
I have tried to setup the automation flow as flows:
When: Issue is transitioned
Branch: For: Linked Issues
Type: "is idea for"
Then: Transition the issue to: "Same Status (Loop)"
The Audit log Returns "Success"
- however after checking the JPD project it doesn't seem to change the status.
Anyone got any ideas of doing this?