I currently have one custom field where I select an employee by displayname, such as "Tom," and I need another new custom field to display Tom's manager, "Amy." Specifically, the new field should be able to select "Amy" with the object ID ORG-2.
Here is my Assets data:
LTW_Employee
| Object ID | objectType | displayname | Manager |
|---|
| ORG-1 | LTW_Employee | Tom | Amy (ORG-2) |
| ORG-2 | LTW_Employee | Amy | Bob |
The first field is an "Assets objects" custom field that allows me to choose an employee (e.g., ORG-1 for "Tom").
The Manager attribute is a linked object, pointing to another LTW_Employee (e.g., ORG-1 links to ORG-2 for "Amy").
The second field should dynamically show the manager (e.g., "Amy" from ORG-2) based on the first field’s selection.
I tried configuring the second field with the following AQL in the Filter Issue Scope:
key = ${customfield_12345.Manager}
(where customfield_12345 is the ID of the first field), but I got an error: "The AQL query contains one or more placeholder values that are invalid or incorrectly formatted."
How can I achieve this? Is there a correct AQL syntax to reference the Manager attribute of the first field’s selected object? Or do I need to use Automation for Jira to make this work? Any help or examples would be appreciated!