Hi,
I'm working on an Automation Rule, to sum all values from "Original Estimate" field from every subtask, and return the result in the same field of the parent issue.
I took a hint on this community post. Here I got the line of code to perform the calculation.
The rule is intented to work like this:
- The trigger is to create/make any edit to the issue
- Branch for Parent
- Perform the calculation and return the result
The task has 9 subtasks. For each of them I put 1 hour as Original Estimate, to make 9 hours in total, and make it easier to se if the rule could work.
The rule actually works; as I edit any of the subtasks' Original Estimate, the value for the task is updated.
Problem is, the result doesn't make sense.
Using the following line of code
{{#=}}{{issue.subtasks.Original Estimate.sum}}/3600{{/}}with 9 hours in total from the subtasks, I get "9m" or 9 minutes, a as a result.
What am I doing wrong with this rule?
Thanks in advance.
Pictures -
- Issue with subtasks

- Closer look at the result

- Rule as seen in rule builder

- Trigger settings

- Branch settings

- Action settings
