Hoping to get some help creating some automation that might help my team work a little better, and with less tedium.
I'm curious to learn if there is a way I can create automation that will populate a custom field (Select List type, single choice) with the value that appears in the another. To provide more information for a follow-up example. The custom field would be named Organization Name. This custom field contains Options I can use as a single select dropdown list of options, some of these options would be:
An example use-case would be the following:
- I create a Task wherein Summary = Value 2
- Automation would be: When a Task is created, update Organization Name field value to pull from Summary
- Wherein the result would be that Organization Name = Value 2
I'm curious is this would be possible. I don't know if the custom field being a list of values creates problems vs just a label. And I likely understand that the value in Summary would need to be exactly the same as the option in the custom field.
Any help would be appreciated!