Hello,
We are using Jira Service Management, specifically with the Email channel for the creation of tickets. The issue we are running into is that all images for the email signature end up in the attachments. I already have set up a signature filter so these are collapsed by default, but they still end up in the attachments. I found this thread as a solution:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/delete-unwanted-attachments-from-jsm-requests-using-automation-1235853531.html
This seems to be perfect, except for one detail. All attachments always get a sequential name; i.e., Image001.png, Image002.png, etc. Some of these images are a screenshot of a reported issue, so I cannot delete those.
The solution I came up with is deleting attachments based on their file size, as all images for the signature are under 15kb. A screenshot will always be bigger. This lands me on the {{issue.attachment.[xxx].size}} smart value, but I cannot get this to work, as it would have to scan and process every image individually when an issue is created, and when a comment gets added.
How would I go about this? Is this even possible, or does someone have a better solution?