I need to create an automation that enables reporting manager to receive an email containing project's latest updates on a weekly basis. How to achieve this?
@Mohit Edupuganti
Trigger
You can use Scheduled as a trigger
Query: You should have a query for which you need to send details about.
Also, you should have the fields that you want to send it in email.
Then using Send email component, you will be able to send the results to the desired email address.
Can you show what you have written so far?
I am getting the email using scheduled function. Now, I also want a csv file attachment containing issues with latest updates to appear in the email. Is that possible?
is the CSV file available at some location? if so then you can hyperlink the location in mail.
Adding the attachment to email using JIRA Automation may not be feasible as far as I know
Not available at some location. I was wondering if there are any triggers in the Jira automation that allows me to send weekly emails with attachments as CSV containing Jira updates happened in the last 7 days to the stakeholders. Is it possible?
Hi @Mohit Edupuganti
That's not likely to be possible with automation. You might check this article with an alternative solution from my team: Schedule emails to get issue changes in Jira
Okay, understood. As an alternative, I am displaying issues in the form of a table in the email and it is displaying as per requirement but the gap above the email is too big and I am not able to reduce it. How can I reduce the space?
This is what I have written in the email action -
{{#lookupIssues.size}}<table border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 100%; text-align: left;"><tr style="background-color: #f2f2f2;"><th><strong>Summary</strong></th><th><strong>Key</strong></th><th><strong>Status</strong></th><th><strong>Assignee</strong></th><th><strong>Updated</strong></th><th><strong>Issue Link</strong></th></tr>
{{#lookupIssues}}<tr><td>{{summary}}</td><td>{{key}}</td><td>{{status.name}}</td><td>{{assignee.displayName|default("Unassigned")}}</td><td>{{updated.convertToTimeZone("Asia/Kolkata").format("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss")}} IST</td><td><a href="https://yourcompany.atlassian.net/browse/{{key}}">View Issue</a></td></tr>{{/lookupIssues}}</table>{{/lookupIssues.size}}
{{^lookupIssues.size}}<p style="margin-top: 5px;">No issues were updated in the past week.</p>{{/lookupIssues.size}}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.