Hi,
We've just started using Jira for tracking tickets (we previously used Zendesk) and I'm interested in setting something up to get an email for various things like Start Date, Due Date, etc.
I'm thinking I'd want something like:
- 8AM - Send an email for any tasks/stories/whatever that have a Start date of today to remind me to work on the task.
- 8AM - Send an email for any items with a Due Date in the past that aren't in Done to remind me to go close or update my task
What is the best way to do something like this? Does it have to be done as an Automation or can I do something more simple just for myself?
If it has to be an automation, can I set up an automation that only applies to me or does it have to affect an entire Project? If it has to apply to an entire Project, can people opt-out if they don't want the reminders?
Does anyone have a simple tutorial on setting something like this up since I have no idea how to do much of anything in Jira so far other than type notes and close a ticket?
Thanks!!