Hi Jira Community,
I need some help with the setting up a security scheme on my project.
The main goal is to restrict a set of users to only be able to see and comment on certain issue types on a given project. All other users (except the aforementioned set) can do anything on any issue type on the project.
I've done some research and pretty much gave up and decided to use a security scheme in combination with the security level field. Essentially forcing users to define the security level for each issue and using that to control access.
For this solution, I am struggling to set this up properly... I've followed the steps defined in this guide (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/) but I'm unable to see or set the security level.
- I have confirmed that "Security Level" is on all relevant screen schemes but I can't add the "Security Level" field when I edit my issue layout. I can drag it in but when I hit save, it disappears from the issue layout (this seems to only apply for the edit/view layout - I am seeing a dropdown for the creation layout)
- When I see the "Security Level" on the creation screen - it is showing as a dropdown for me but there are no options to select despite having a security scheme on the project
I've been struggling with this on and off for the last two weeks but I've given up on more tinkering in Jira.
Appreciate all the help that I can get with either a solution to my main goal or the problems I raised above.
Thanks in advance for all the help!