I am trying to reduce the repo size by removing the old commit history which included large files using git-filter-repo. But it increased the size to 2.6GB from 2.4GBCan you please run garbage collection on the repo : <redacted>
Hi @Sandeep Reddy ,
Welcome to the community !!
You need to contact Atlassian support directly in https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ . Users of Atlassian community will not have access to your instance.
You can refer below link to know how to reduce the repository sizehttps://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/reduce-repository-size/
Hello,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I referred the https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/reduce-repository-size/
but the size didn't reduce. I tried to contact Support through link https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ but it gave link to community discussions. And I found many people requesting to run gc. So I've asked it here.Example requests:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Contact-Support-for-Garbage-Collection/qaq-p/2805803
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Requesting-garbage-collection-after-repo-size-reduction/qaq-p/2749064
I have asked Atlassian support assistance in this thread. Please wait for their response.
Hi Sandeep and welcome to the community!
I ran a garbage collection on your repo and its size has been reduced. Does it look on now on your end? You can check the new size if you open the repository on Bitbucket's website, select Repository settings (from the left sidebar) > select Repository details (from the new left sidebar).
Just a heads up, I removed the repo details from your post to protect your privacy.
Kind regards,Theodora
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.