Hi everyone,
I do face a problem that I'm unable to resolve easily.
I have a release board that contains several custom fields, like f.e. PM - to indicate which Product Manager is involved in the release to certain client.
This field contains a Jira user selected from all company users that are using Jira.
Then I'd like to send a message to Slack (via webhook, to selected channel) to inform that the release has started (on issue transition from one status to another).
But... I'd like to mention the Slack user in the message to enable proper notification.
While doing it directly by returning the Jira field value - the field returns Jira ID - which is expected.
What I tried to do is to map the Jira account ID to Slack ID by introducing a new variable (f.e. slackPM) that is then called in the message as a smart value - see example below:
variable name -> slackPM
Smart value -> {{#if(issue.customfield_10216.accountId.equals("60630x2x0x6x3x00697XXX2e"))}}<@U01T8XXXX2X>{{/}}
The result is - that it's empty (no value is returned). I'm assuming that the custom field doesn't recognize the `accountId`.
How to do it properly to get the proper person (Slack user) being mentioned in the message like:
"Hello {{slackPM}}!
We’re happy to announce that a new release has just been started."?
If you have any different solutions that can achieve the goal I'll be happy to check them.
Many thanks in advance