Hello,
I want to create a required field ONLY for parent stories. I DO NOT want the field to be required for Sub-Tasks. I have tried to follow
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-make-a-field-required-before-closing-the-issue-1236928291.html
But Options - Validators is not available as a selection.
Hello, Good day. Please let us know whether you are using company managed project or Team managed project.
If you are using Team managed project then you can create a rule. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/available-workflow-rules-in-team-managed-projects/
Hi @Betsy Ho
For company manage projects, if you are editing the workflow in a diagram view, when you click on the transition you should see a pop-up box something like
Clicking on Validators will allow you to add your validation.
You also have the option to add conditions (see How to allow Workflow Transitions based on Field values ) rather than validations
You'll want to set up your conditions something like:
The field Your field will have to be not equal to value 'NULL'. Compared as String.
(You can change Task to Story)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.