I want to ensure that I’m approaching an automation I am building in the best way possible before diving deep into its creation.
The automation aims to synchronize data between Monday and Jira. Essentially, specific fields selected in Monday will trigger the creation of an Epic in Jira.
Once the Epic is created, Jira will check a field called "Product," which has 81 different options. Based on the selected product, the Epic’s parent field will be updated with a corresponding Initiative. Additionally, two people that own that product will be emailed, these individuals are unique for each product.
To implement this, I set the automation to trigger when an issue is created with the type set to Epic. I anticipate having 81 if/then statements: if product 1 is selected, then add Initiative 1 to the Parent field and email the respective owners, and so on. The attached screenshot demonstrates this setup and it is currently functioning when testing.
Although I proposed using a distribution list, that suggestion was rejected. Even with that, there would still be 81 unique products, 81 unique Initiatives, and thus 81 if/then statements. Is this the most effective way to build this automation?
We use Jira Cloud.
Thanks for the help and suggestions in advance!
(the blacked out data is just my email)
