Hello everyone,
I am trying to import some tickets into Jira and link them to an epic immediately during import.
For testing purposes I exported data from 1 ticket (all fields) and tried to import it into another project.
I mapped the following fields:
- Summary
- Description
- Created Date - in order to test if it works but got same results when this was not mapped as well
- Parent
- Issue ID
- Issue type
I did not map the issue key since I want this to be a new ticket (a copy in a way).
The error I get is "Unable to retrieve issue key for parent: 123456"
I found the following solution which seems to have worked for many people: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Create-Update-Parent-Child-linking-using-CSV-Import/ba-p/2651594
However, this does not work in my case because I would like to link the issue that I am importing to the existing Epic, not to create a new one.