We are using Jira Cloud to manage our software tickets. When creating bug tickets for our developers, it is helpful to include both the customer name and unique ID of the customer's site. However, while I may know the name of the customer simply by looking at the site, I won't necessarily know the unique ID without referencing our internal documentation.
I would like to create two custom fields that are associated with one another, such that if I select the customer name from a pre-populated list when creating the ticket, the unique ID field will be automatically populated based a second pre-populated list.
For example, I have a table:
Customer | Site ID
John's Coffee Shop | abc123
Bill's Auto Shop | def456
Tom's Flowers | ghi789
I would like to create custom fields called "Customer" and "Site ID". When I select "John's Coffee Shop" from the available list of values for "Customer", I want to see "Site ID" populated with "abc123".