I've an automation that create un object of type Employee in Asset Manager when an issue moves in Approved status.
I need to have the issue linked inside Linked issues of the objects.
How can I do?
Hello @Marco Raminelli
To do that you need to create an Asset Objects custom field to add to the issue. You can read up on how to do that here
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-is-the-assets-objects-field/
Notice that there are two other articles linked there that you also need to review.
Then look at the solution on this post for how to modify your rule to link the object to the issue.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-Link-created-Insight-Objects-with-automation-rule/qaq-p/2034038
I suggest also this:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/How-to-obtain-newly-created-Assets-object-in-the-automation-rule/ba-p/2359513
Anyway the resulting behaviour is odd.
The automation create the object and add it in a the customfield in the issue. From it I can go to the Asset Manger object, but the link is not present in the list of Linked issues in AM.
If I manually edit the field, deleting and recreating the object, the link appear in Linked issues.
What's wrong?
Can you provide a screen image of what you see when viewing the Assets, where the issues are not showing up as expected? Perhaps I have misunderstood your reference when you say "Linked Issues".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.