Hello,
I am struggling all day to find a way to create such an automation:
I would like to make it possible for users to manually trigger an automation from epic and to clone all the child issues of this epic. That is pretty simple but what I also want to achieve is to enable users to somehow be able to define the parent epic for the cloned issues.
I've tried an approach with defining a new linktype and storing the info about the desired epic there but couldn't reach it in automation to make it fill the parent field in cloned issues.
Now I'm trying to do something simplier. I just made it possible for users to provide the key to the desired epic when triggering the automation. The field is short text type. I store it as a userinput smartvalue and then try to use it in a branch rule for all the children which doesn't seem to work.
Work in my organisation is pretty repeateable so making this functionality would be a great help for the team leads.
How my automation looks right now and what the audit log looks like is shown on the screenshots.
Thanks for all the help in advance!