Hello,
I’m working for a client who wants to access manual automation rules for an issue from their own server using the Atlassian Automation REST API (see the documentation).
According to the docs, the endpoint to use is POST Search for manual rules. I’m trying to query manual rules for an issue using its internal numeric ID. I construct the ARI as follows:
"ari:cloud:jira:issue/12345" <-- Dummy ID (12345) for illustration
Below is the relevant code snippet:

However, I keep receiving the following error:
{
"errors": [
{
"code": "api.validation.invalid-ari",
"field": "objects[0]",
"id": "8ffe1e67-7eb9-43cd-ad99-3b8979ff85a2",
"status": 400,
"title": "'ari:cloud:jira:issue/12345' is not a valid ARI"
}
]
}
I’m certain that I’m using the correct internal numeric ID (and not the visible issue key). However, I can’t find any additional guidance in the documentation regarding the proper ARI format.
Am I missing something or are there additional requirements for querying manual automation rules?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!