Hello Atlassian Community!
I am experiencing an issue with incoming emails from our customers. Specifically:
- Some emails are added as internal comments, even though our permission scheme does not allow customers to create internal comments.
- After such emails are processed, I often receive an additional comment saying: "Reporter does not have permission to create attachments." However, our permission scheme explicitly allows reporters to create attachments.
See the screenshot below:

Additionally, I’ve noticed another issue related to mentions:
When a customer is mentioned in a comment and replies to that mention via email, their response is rejected by the mail handler with the message: "User (...) does not have permission to comment on an issue in project (...)." This behavior also contradicts our permission scheme.
Do I need to add customers as request participants to resolve these issues?
Should I escalate these problems to Atlassian Support?
Thanks for your help!