Dear all, I'm new here.
I'm trying to simplify a transition-crowded workflow of my company. I have a workflow with three teams that can pass issues to each other to allow each team to contribute to the solution. Every team have two statuses: "Waiting for that team" and "In progress on that team" (this because of specific SLAs).
When team A need to pass the issue to team B, the issue in progress on team A will be moved to waiting for the team B. Then, when the team B can take in charge the issue, they move the issue to in progress on team B, etc...
When a team find the solution, this team moves the issue in "Resolved". This can happen only if the issue is in progress on that team.
To simplify the worklow I would remove all the specific transitions from the various "In progress on a team" to "Resolved".
I seen in the documentation that each status, standard or custom, have a status category that can assume values like To do, In progress and Done.
I seen that in the workflow conditions on the transitions it is possibile to add a value field condition based on the field Status Category.
I tried various combinations as per the suggestions reported in this article https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Value-Field-Condition-Current-Status-Status-Category/qaq-p/2229228 but I didn't get to the solution.
Now I'm wondering if there is a bug in Jira Cloud or if I'm making errors.
Any help is appreciated.