In reference to the following question (except I am using Jira Cloud not JSM):
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-can-we-create-just-a-blank-project/qaq-p/1799231
I am struggling to figure out how to create a truly "blank" Jira project (perhaps I am attempting to use Jira as it was not intended, in which case please let me know the "right" way).
In one of my previous questions:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Need-advice-on-creating-multiple-projects-for-multiple-teams/qaq-p/2900834
I decided to configure my Jira instance with a "team" project which contains the team's board and any team-specific issues. I then have more Jira projects for products, product families, etc.
The "team" projects are easy to create. They are based on the "Scrum" Project Template (since we have scrum teams). I can configure one project then just copy the settings (e.g., workflows, schemes, etc...) to new team projects as needed.

My confusion comes when I want to create the "product" projects in Jira. Essentially I am looking for a "template" which doesn't have boards and is just a repository of issues. The team board will use the "Team" field to pull in issues across all active projects. That way issues can "live" in the project to which they are related.
I notice a "Blank Project" template. Is that what this is intended to be used for?

Since I am working with company-managed projects, what would be really helpful (at least in my mind) would be the ability to create a project with specific settings rather than using a template. For example, when creating a project I should be able to choose which workflow scheme, issue type scheme, etc... to use. It is slightly frustrating to have everything configured as I want it to have Jira then create all these new schemes, issue types, workflows, etc... every time I use one of the built-in templates.