Hi team,
I get an exception when I invoke this API to save a form template on Jira.
This operation is to add about 100 new choices into one dropdown field in the form template.
org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on PUT request for "https://api.atlassian.com/jira/forms/cloud/xxxx/project/xxxx/form/xxxx": Received fatal alert: record_overflow; nested exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: record_overflow
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/forms/rest/api-group-forms-on-project/#api-project-projectidorkey-form-formid-put
Did the exception record_overflow mean that the choice list is too large? If so, is there any specification on the up limit?
any clues?
Hi @Kevin Zhang
I don't see any limitation or at least any problem with adding 100 option to a single select list. I've tested it on my instance and I added 102 values without any error.
And by the way, the endpoint you shared is about forms, and not adding options to a single select field. Which operation are you trying to perform, and where exactly?
Hi Alex, thanks for your instant reply.
yes, you are right. There is no a dedicated API to add options to a single field.
I have configured a form on the Jira and I want my backend service to automatically update the options of a selection field of the form via API.Firstly I use the GET api to pull the form as JSON and then add new options into the JSON and update the form via the PUT api.
But now get record_overflow exception when executing PUT api.
The API works well in local environment to update the form with small amount of options, but fails with large amount of options.
GET: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/forms/rest/api-group-forms-on-project/#api-project-projectidorkey-form-formid-get
PUT: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/forms/rest/api-group-forms-on-project/#api-project-projectidorkey-form-formid-put
@Kevin Zhang I beg to differ, but there is an endpoint for creating options on custom fields: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-custom-field-options/#api-rest-api-3-field-fieldid-context-contextid-option-post
Try the above endpoint and let me know if that worked for you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.