When I use the new Internal Notes Restriction feature, my automations no longer think the comment passes {{comment.internal}}.I use "{{comment.internal}} equals False" to limit my automations to run only on Public Comments. Use of the new feature breaks this.Why do restricted Internal Notes not meet the criteria of {{comment.internal}}?
Answer from Support:
Hi Michaela,
Hope you're having a nice day! Welcome to the Atlassian Support.
There was a bug related to that a few months ago, you can check here:
AUTO-1516
Also in the comments, it was shared that it was moved to the below Feature Request:
AUTO-476
This is the expected behavior, because a normal internal comment is visible to all Agents in the project, and a comment restricted per role/group is not, so it is expected that it will not trigger the rule, otherwise, depending on what the rule is doing that could compromise the reason of why the comment visibility was changed.
There is a workaround for that which would be by changing the actor for the rule to the use who triggered the rule, this way, the user will need access to the group/role of the selected visibility, and the rule would be able to proceed with the changes on behalf of that user.
There is also the smart value {{comment.visibility.value{}}} that will return empty when the comment is either public or global internal note, or in case the comment visibility is changed, it will return the group/role selected.
Let me know if this was helpful, and if you have any other queries!
Kind Regards,Bruno Moreira
Hi @Michaela Nelson welcome to the community! I was testing this to see if I could replicate the behavior, and when I'm adding the value in my instance, I'm getting an option to copy and paste {issue.comments.internal}, not {comment.internal]. It'll let me hover over the suggestion and copy it to the clipboard. I then pasted it into my Automation step. Can you possibly try that to see if it makes a different in your Automation?
Hope that helps.
Hey, you nailed it!! Thank you so much for your help, that was really going to be a pain.
Ah shoot, no: Using issue.comments.internal, now the Public comments don't pass the condition either.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.