I want to import the csv file into Jira, and some field need to use Chinese character, how can I set?
Save the .CSV with the selection Save As-->More options-->Tool-->Web options-->UTF-8, as well as save the type as "CSV UTF-8",then the Chinese character is able to sync into Jira.
Hi @YE Winnie (BEG/QMM-CN) , welcome to the Atlassian Community!
On 2nd step you should choose correct encoding, check this old case for german language, which required changes of encoding in .csv before import: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Which-file-encoding-should-I-use-for-importing-CSV-having-German/qaq-p/922
@YE Winnie (BEG/QMM-CN) Nǐ hǎo
I suggest you create your custom fields by hand first and associate them in the project/s in question. Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-custom-field-context/
I was able to create a custom field in Chinese:
Let me know if you need more help. If my answer or someone else's answer was helpful, be sure to mark them as solution.
Hi @YE Winnie (BEG/QMM-CN) welcome to the community. I also found this closed Jira ticket JRACLOUD-81913 where the issue wasn't reproducible. You may want to contact Atlassian Support if you are having issues importing from another language, as it appears that it should work for you.
Hope that helps.
save the csv file as UTF-8 format, and then import.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.