Can we enhance Jira Service Management to allow Admins to edit workflows? Much like in Jira Cloud, this would be incredibly useful and I believe is necessary to maintain continuity in all Jira Service workflows. Admins need this capability.
Hello @Miguel Samayoa
What you have encountered is a known limitation of JSM as per JRACLOUD-85127
Hi @Miguel Samayoa, Welcome to the community!
Please follow https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/permissions-for-company-managed-projects/#Edit-Workflows
Hi Manoj, we are getting this error
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
For clarity are you referring to Project Administrators for the individual JSM project, versus Jira Product Administrators?
Hi Trudy, I am referring to Jira Service Management Project Administrator role
Thanks David, I have voted and commented to get this enhancement pushed
Hello,
I know this was answered, I like to Ofer some suggestions for best practices.
as a jira admin, one who maintains the system as a whole, allowing anyone in the project admin role to change or modify workflows is not ideal. If the workflow is shared with multiple projects the project admin might not be aware of this. Also, if the project admin has permission to change a workflow they might change a name of a status, which might break others.
it is best to insure stability of the system to only let the jira admin change workflows, otherwise someone could change something they aren’t aware which could hurt someone else. Or the system.
my .02
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.